Tuning Oracle RMAN JobsPosted: 20/11/2010
- Lesson 12 – Tuning Oracle RMAN Jobs
- Author: Dave Anderson, SkillBuilders
- Last Update: October 17, 2007
- This lesson provides a solid introduction to tuning RMAN backup and recovery operations. You will learn:
- How to set reasonable goals.
- How fast RMAN can go – by reviewing statistics from Oracle Corp’s benchmark tests.
- What factors impact the speed of the operations.
- How to capture statistics to monitor the performance of the operations. (i.e. What tools to use.)
- How to check the status of an RMAN operation – including determining if a job is waiting for a resource.
- Most of the theories presented herein are validated with tests that show the improvement of a change.