Oracle Database 11gR2 certified on AIX 7. 1Posted: 19/12/2010 | |
Oracle certified the most current version of its database, 11g Release 2, on IBM’s AIX 7.1. This version was initially released, and continues to be supported on AIX 6.1 and AIX 5.3.
The certification is approved for Oracle database running as a single instance and also with RAC (Real Application Clusters). At the time of this publication, only 188.8.131.52 is certified. We expect the most recent patch set, 184.108.40.206, to be certified soon.
This is a major announcement since it allows IBM and Oracle customers to fully exploit the latest IBM POWER7 technology running the most current Oracle Database and AIX operating system versions.
Customer may still choose to run POWER7 with the previous version of AIX.
Please note that previous versions of the Oracle DB are not currently planned to be available on AIX 7.1.
Special note for Subsystems – Oracle requires separate tests to be completed for RAC support of VIOS, GPFS, OCFS2, PowerHA, LPM, WPAR and 3rd party Cluster File Systems. Please check Certify on MyOracleSupport for current information. Oracle patch set 220.127.116.11 adds support for ACFS, Oracle’s new cluster file system. Technical requirements for ACFS mandate use of AIX 6.1 so V 5.3 is not supported. AIX 7.1 support will be added in future releases.
See link below
Oracle 11GR2 on AIX7 2010 12 01
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)