Deploying Oracle 11g RAC Release 2 with IBM Storwize V7000 on Red Hat Enterprise LinuxPosted: 04/01/2011 | |
This white paper is intended to assist those who are implementing Oracle Database 11g Release 2 with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on IBM System x™ servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 5.5 and the new storage system, IBM Storwize V7000.
The document describes the IBM Storwize V7000 innovative technologies and functionalities, Oracle Database 11g RAC Release 2 new features, and a step-by-step configuration of IBM Storwize V7000 and Oracle Database 11g, RAC, and Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) on RHEL 5.5.
IBM Storwize V7000 is a new storage solution combined with the latest storage system components, and integrated enterprise-class technology for data availability and data protection. It also defines new standards for storage efficiency, manageability, and performance optimization to manage rapid data growth more effectively.
An implementation of Oracle Real Application Clusters typically consists of three main steps:
1. Planning the hardware for Oracle RAC implementation
2. Configuring the servers and storage systems
3 Installing and configuring Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11g Release 2 and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 with RAC
See link below
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)