Cluster Health Monitor (CHM)Posted: 10/05/2011 | |
Oracle is strongly encouraging the admins of Clusterware / RAC using the CHM (Cluster Health Monitor).
This tool (formerly known as Instantaneous Problem Detector for Clusters or IPD/OS) is designed to detect and analyze operating system (OS) and cluster resource related degradation and failures in order to bring more explanatory power to many issues that occur in clusters where Oracle Clusterware and Oracle RAC are running such as node eviction. It tracks the OS resource consumption at each node, process, and device level continuously. It collects and analyzes the cluster-wide data. In real time mode, when thresholds are hit, an alert is shown to the operator. For root cause analysis, historical data can be replayed to understand what was happening at the time of failure.
See this presentation on this issue on link below
– What is? Why use? Where to get?
Cluster Health Monitor (CHM)
– Of the Tool
– Of the GUI
• CHM in Action
• FAQ & More Information
– OTN Migration
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)