Performing Basic Tasks in Oracle MultitenantPosted: 29/07/2013
This tutorial covers the steps to perform basic tasks on container databases (CDBs) and pluggable databases (PDBs).
Time to Complete
Approximately 45 minutes
This tutorial shows you how to:
- Connect to a CDB and to a PDB.
- Create a PDB from the seed PDB.
- Manage CDBs and PDBs.
- Start a CDB, understand the different open modes of PDBs, and shut down a CDB.
- Open and close PDBs.
- Change the name of a PDB.
- Manage the storage in a CDB and its PDBs.
- Manage permanent tablespaces.
- Manage temporary tablespaces.
- Manage the security in PDBs.
- Create common and local users.
- Create common and local roles.
- Grant common and local privileges.
- Drop PDBs.
Note: For readability, formatting was applied to some columns shown in the output.