Starting with Oracle In-Memory (aka IM) new FeaturePosted: 25/06/2015
I recommend that DBA be aware of this feature, because this feature will really bring a HUGE difference in performance matter to our databases.
Note: This feature is available starting with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (22.214.171.124).
Good to Know
- Is a Option of Oracle Enterprise Edition (126.96.36.199 and above). - Additional license required
- It is Not in Memory Database - it's an accelerator to our current database
- It is Not Column Store Database - it allows keeping some of our data in column store which is non-persistent
- It has nothing to do with Oracle Times-Ten or Oracle Coherence
- No additional hardware requirement, except additional OS RAM available
Price: Buy it
I'm posting useful videos links from Oracle Learning Library.